Friday, September 21, 2012

Pumpkin Pie Martini

I told ya so!

Last week I told you I was going start using the famous fall flavor of pumpkin and I followed through.  So there.


This does taste like pumpkin pie.  I just wish I could have had more of my favorite part of the pie, the graham cracker crust.  



Should have served it with a piece of graham cracker to dip in!  Why am I thinking about this at 7 am the following morning and not while I'm drinking it!


Well at least you can use that idea now...

Pumpkin Pie Martini
(makes 1 martini)

3 oz pumpkin puree
1 1/2 oz vodka
1 1/2 oz simple syrup
1 oz mik
pinch of allspice
graham cracker, crushed (optional)
whipped cream (optional)

Put all the ingredients in a cocktail shaker and shake over ice.  Wet the rim of a martini glass and dip into the crushed graham cracker.  Press to adhere if needed.  Strain the pumpkin mixture into the martini glass and garnish with whipped cream and a little more allspice if desired (careful not to do too much - the drink gets spicy!)




No comments:

Post a Comment